PDA

View Full Version : How to connect 6 fxo to Trixbox

meerkat71
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Greetings,

I'm at rope's end here. To start with I'mnot a great fan of connecting analog lines to a voip switch, but in this case I have no choice. This is the first Epygi unit I bought and having a tough time setting it up. Right now I get incomming calls OR outgoing call never both at the same time. Outgoing calls takes about 30sec to setup, which wont do. Any and all help will be apprciated.

davrays
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, let me undrestand first what is the problem:

Right now I get incomming calls OR outgoing call never both at the same time.
What exactly do you mean? You want to make incoming and out going calls simultaneously and this doesn't work out? What are the rules in the Call Routing table in the 6L unit? Where the incoming calls to 6L device are routed to?

Outgoing calls takes about 30sec to setup, which wont do. Any and all help will be apprciated.
Which calls you call "outgoing"? Are those calls from Trixbox to PSTN? Do you listen ringback tones during those 30 seconds? Are you able to look at the SIP messaging to see what caises the delay?

The information you posted gives practically nothing for understanding the problem, moreover for resolving that..

Please give more details on configuration.

Regards,
David

meerkat71
04-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Hi there,

This is my first Epygi product that I bought/used, and basically did what the Distributor instructed me to do, so I don't really understand what I did. During the delay the CLI in TB doesn't show anything until the call goes through. I suspect this has something to do with TB looking for a route to the Epygi. Basically I need to find a way to setup a route from the TB to the Epygi, I have tried setting up a sip trunk to an extension that I created on the Epygi, but Sip debug gives me an error "registrar not activated" from the Epygi.

Clarification:
Incomming calls : Epygi to TB
Outgoing calls: TB to Epygi (PSTN)
Either incomming OR outgoing calls: I need to disable one in call routing for the other to work.

I hope this provides more info than my previous post. I'm sure I'm making a stupid mistake somewhere, I just don't have the knowledge yet to know where.

davrays
04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
.. I don't have a Trixbox installed here to look at the GUI..
Lets consider only the outgoing calls for now. To setup them, you would need to
1. confugure the Trixbox to send the PSTN number directly to the Epygi box IP address. No registration is needed.
2. On the Epygi box, you need to go to Telephony-> Call Routing Table, and add a rule to send all calls to the FXO ports. it should be something like "prefix=*, call type=FXO, Any Port". In that case Trixbox will send the PSTN number to Epygi box, and it will route that directly to through one of available FXO ports.

I guess, the first thing you have to do, is to make sure Trixbox sends the dialed number to Epygi box. Here I cannot help you as I am not familiar with Trixbox GUI. The only thisng I am sure in, is that you need to make just a simple direct call, no trunks or registratoins are needed. Maybe someone else here can help you in this..

Best regards,
David

meerkat71
04-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I had to dump the TB for various reasons, but got it working on SARK (Asterisk on SME Server). I will do a full write up when I get some time.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Frik

KSComs
04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Whats wrong with Elastix ? very simple to get up and running with it for those that dont like to command line code ...

Kev