PDA

View Full Version : call routing with distinguish ringing

dolmen
01-30-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi,

How to distinguish what lines are incoming in my epygi.

Ex. our epygi has 3 fxo lines and 4 voip account, each line has a specify call rountig, but we want to know what line a caller has call.

Thanks Matteo

cornepiek
01-30-2009, 07:47 AM
you can setup the lines to ring to a MERG/s(multi ext ring group) and give the MERG/s a distinctive ring tone.
as far as i understand you can use 4x different ring cadences.

shout if thats a bit vague

dolmen
01-30-2009, 10:41 AM
..ok, but my problem is that i have only one group of extensions (with 4 phones)
and when i receive a call ringing the only one group.

Behind my epygi there are 3 companies with different phone number; but phones and people are the same for all companies. My problem is that i must identify the lines for answer "hi this is company 1" .. " hi this is company 2" ....

I would like that SNOM phone when receive an external call writes on the display..
"company 1" .. by adding in to the SNOM each phone-lines in address book of snom.

Regards,

KSComs
01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
In the Distincitvie ringing section of the Supplementary services you will see a space for naming of the group.

This is very useful for providing a name to the display of the ringing telephone so they know how to answer the call..

Just make sure if you have a SNOM handset that the behaviour is set to display the Full Contact details or name and number at least.

Regards

Kevin

cornepiek
02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
company 1 incoming call route to MERG 100, ringtype 1, company name 1
Merg 100 rings exts 200

company 2 incoming call route to MERG 101, ringtype 2, company mane 2
Merg 101 rings exts 200

company 3 incoming call route to MERG 102 ringtype 3, company name 3
Merg 102 rings exts 200

you can use the same exts in different MERG's. if you set distinctive ring in each merg, the smae ext will ring differently for each company. and you can then identify the different companies by naming your MERG's as kevin suggested.

all this gets set in supplementary services

davrays
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Using the MER groups with "Distinctive ringing" enabled is one good way to do this.

Another way is to use the routing table for that. For example if you want all calls from FXO1 to have a distinctive prefix to the caller ID, you can do the following:
route calls from the FXO1 to the "Routing" ("Telephony"->"FXO Settings"->"FXO 1"->"Route incoming FXO call to:") with some pattern (you can use l;etters in pattern - lets say call it "fxo1calls"). Then go to the Call Routing Table and add a rule with
pattern=fxo1calls, NDS=9, prefix=<the extension to ring>, call type=PBX. Select the "Filter on Caller / Call Type / Modify Caller ID" check box. On the "Inbound Call Type" page set the "Inbound Call Type:" to "FXO", and most importantly, set the "Inbound Prefix:" to the "Company 1 Name".

This should work - calls passing through that rule should have the Caller ID prefixed by "Company 1 Name".

Best regards,
David