PDA

View Full Version : Transfers fail on SIP trunk

oltconsulting
10-01-2006, 08:59 PM
I have just installed a 2X connected to both FXO and SIP/VoIP/ITSP trunks. All the phones are Grandstream GXP-2000 with the latest public firmware.

When a call comes in on the FXO port and is answered, the call can be transfered sucessfully from phone to phone.

When a call comes in through the ITSP and a transfer is attempted, the call is lost during the transfer and the calling party hears a ringing tone at their end as if another call is being made.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening or why the behaviour might be different between FXO and SIP incoming lines?

Thanks,
Edmund

etolentino
10-16-2006, 06:21 AM
Did you ever get an answer to this? I might be experiencing this as well. I have not yet tried to transfer a call from incoming FXO call. But I am not able to transfer calls coming from the ITSP call.

oltconsulting
10-16-2006, 08:00 AM
In the case of GXP2000: yes I managed to make them working and I posted a note in on the Hardware forum about it - there is a GXP2000 topic.

In our case it was to do with the codec order - it worked for FXO but not ITSP calls.

The latest firmware version (1.1.1.14) also helps a lot - it seems to generally make the phones better, clearer and more stable - so far anyway.

Edmund

etolentino
10-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Thank you. I will try that. Maybe since the default on the codec on the Epygi is 729, it should be the same on the IP phones to match. Sounds like a bug that should be fixed by Epygi.

etolentino
10-17-2006, 02:04 AM
transfer on SPA94x is configured by enabling blind xfer in phone admin gui. i have not figured it out on the grandstream bt100 series yet. still need to upgradephone f/w though.

davrays
10-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Maybe since the default on the codec on the Epygi is 729, it should be the same on the IP phones to match. Sounds like a bug that should be fixed by Epygi.

It depends :)) Very often IP Phones (especially the ones not supprted by Epygi) are doing strange things :).. And not supporting the SIP protocol correctly. This could confuse Quadro, for sure.. Not sure about this particular case.

etolentino
10-21-2006, 11:38 AM
sounds like what it happening. i am able to transfer from SPA94x to BT100, but i am not able to transfer it back to the SPA94x. although transferring from Line 1 to Line 2 back to Line 1 on the SPA94x works fine.