PDA

View Full Version : FXO slow to ring extensions

oltconsulting
09-29-2006, 06:47 AM
It seems that when a call comes in on an FXO port, it takes a couple of rings (on the caller's side) before the internal extensions start to ring - is there any way to speed this up?

In contrast, inbound calls from the ITSP seem to ring pretty much straight away.

Thanks,
Edmund

threebit
09-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I believe that delay gives time for the callerid info to be passed to the Quadro. If you don't have caller id enabled on your line, then you could turn off callerid support and that should speed things up.

oltconsulting
10-01-2006, 04:07 AM
Thanks very much for that suggestion - could you tell me which settings would need to be changed?

Edmund

coastvoip
10-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Go into line settings then onboard line settings then click on the line (under available lines) which you want to change and then there is a drop down window with 6 selections for Caller ID including no caller id.

Damien.

threebit
10-01-2006, 08:11 AM
For FXO ports there is a different page to change caller id behaviour.
Go to the hidden page: /fxoconfig.cgi
then click on FXO 1 / 2 etc and change the callerid drop down to "No CallerID expected"

oltconsulting
10-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks, that speeds it up a bit. Do you know whether this will stop the system receiving CID on the FXO altogether or will it come through if available?

Thanks,
Edmund

threebit
10-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Not sure sorry. My guess would be that it would stop the caller id totally.
You could experiment with some of the other callerid options to see if they work and work faster.

hrant
10-08-2006, 09:41 PM
If FXO is set to "No CallerID expected" then Quadro will not detect the caller ID even if it is enabled by CO on the line.
To see caller ID you have to enable that in FXO settings but then you will have a delay of two rings until the called phone starts ringing. The reason of delay is as follows: when you dial the number, CO sends the first ringback tone to your phone but doesn't send the ring signal to destination yet. Then CO makes the second ringback tone to calling phone and sends the first ring signal to called phone (which is Quadro FXO in our case). Quadro doesn't answer the call because it is waiting for caller-ID after the first ring signal. Then CO starts sending the caller-ID and then the third ringback tone to calling phone and second ringing signal to destination (Quadro FXO). At this point of time Quadro answers the call and your extension starts ringning. If you disable caller ID the Quadro answers immediately after getting the first ringing signal which is synched with second ringback tone on calling phone.

oltconsulting
10-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Is this the standard way that this works on all phones/PBX? If I call my mobile from a PSTN line for example, the call and CID come through immediately - similarly, if I call into the Epygi through an ITSP, the CID comes through immediately. Why is there a difference?

Edmund

threebit
10-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Yes this is the standard way. The Analog phone network is very old technology, and delivering information like caller id details is a lot more time consuming than on a digital network like your cell phone call or via the ITSP.
If you had some kind of ISDN phone circuit connected to your Quadro you wouldn't experience the same delay.