PDA

View Full Version : Unable to make calls after firmware update

tjma2001
12-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I have updated my quadro 6L to firmware version 5.0.22. I can recieve calls but cannot make any. Only internal calls work. Due to network contraints I am unable to test outgoing sip calls.

here is the FXO agent log
http://pastebin.com/f73436f60

I notice these lines in the file
OnMakeCall, callID - 20574100233687600.
In OnMakeCall, localUserName = 220, remoteUserName = 0826987653, callID = 20574100233687600
MINOR ERROR: In OnMakeCall(), There are no more Fxo lines.
In OnMakeCall, ReportError(TemporaryUnavailable)

There are 3 lines plugged in with no incomming calls occuring at that moment.

This is the information from fxo.cgi. I cannot edit anything on this page.

FXO Settings
FXO Lines Enabled Allowed Call Type Route Incoming Call to Sort by desc PSTN Number
FXO 1 Yes Both incoming and outgoing calls Attached to SLA1
FXO 2 Yes Both incoming and outgoing calls Attached to SLA2
FXO 3 Yes Both incoming and outgoing calls Attached to SLA3
FXO 4 Yes Both incoming and outgoing calls Attached to SLA4
FXO 5 Yes Both incoming and outgoing calls Attached to SLA5
FXO 6 Yes Both incoming and outgoing calls Attached to SLA6

If someone can please help me as to what might be the problem and possible solutions that would be greatly appreciated.

davrays
12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I suppose your problem arises from the fact that Quadro6L has Key System Emulation mode preconfigured by default (this is the only Epygi product now with KSE enabled instead of regular PBX mode).
You would need to go to "Telephony"->"Key System Emulation", and disable the SLA lines. After that you can configure the FXO Settings as you want :)

Please try that and write here how it is going :)

Best regards,
David

tjma2001
12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I figured that might be the case but when i go to that menu i get the following error:

Key System Emulation
Warning: Hardware does not support Key System Emulation, functionality disabled !

Now i dont know what to do? :(

KSComs
12-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Alloy is your friend !!!

Regards

Kevin

davrays
12-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Kevin, the strange thing here is that tjma2001 is not from Australia :) so Alloy is not his greatest friend :)

And I don't really understand how this device occured in SA without KSE mode..
Anyway, Taariq, can you do a factory reset, or that seems to be too much configuration from the scratch? Looks like your 6L hardware is one of those which don't support KSE, but the new 5.0.17 didn't take that into account and enabled the KSE. Looks like a bug in upgrade procedure, which is very soecific and refers only to older 6L units.
I suppose factory reset is the only way to fix this. Otherwise (as you most probably cant contact Alloy), you have to contact Epygi Tech Support, and we'll recover your unit's configuration.

tjma2001
12-19-2008, 09:30 AM
I just uploaded firmware version 5.0.10. Seems KSE isnt enabled by default on that version. Had to reconfigure everything but its all done now. Thanks a lot for the help.

Is there a way to keep your configuration across firmware downgrades ( although now that i think about it, I might have done a factory reset before changing firmware >_<! )

davrays
12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
The only way to keep the config across the firmware downgrades, is to save that prior to upgrading to the new version :)
This is actually what is recommended to do always: save the config, then do a firmware upgrade. If something goes wrong with the new formware, you can downgrade back, then upload the saved config.

If you configured everything srom the scratch on 5.0.10, I would say it could have been better if you just make firmware reset on 5.0.22, and configure everything from the scratch there. In that case at least you will know that you can always upgrade further without problems...

KSComs
12-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Kevin, the strange thing here is that tjma2001 is not from Australia :) so Alloy is not his greatest friend :)

And I don't really understand how this device occured in SA without KSE mode..

Maybe the KSE slipped out into the ether toward another shore... but when in rome..

Alloy is still your friend !!!!

:D

Regards

Kevin

MefhigosetH
09-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I just uploaded firmware version 5.0.10. Seems KSE isnt enabled by default on that version. Had to reconfigure everything but its all done now. Thanks a lot for the help.

Is there a way to keep your configuration across firmware downgrades ( although now that i think about it, I might have done a factory reset before changing firmware >_<! )

Hi tjma2001:

Seems to be a problem with the Hardware Version SASY-MICRO-0300-0200 of the Quadro6L specifically.

- -
Victor Villarreal
Engineering Support

ITS - Informática, Telecomunicaciones & Software S.A.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
SIP.: 8009@its-informatica.com.ar