PDA

View Full Version : QuadroISDN to Talkswitch

Alloy Service
12-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi All

Has anyone configured a Quadro gateway to provide fixed lines to a TalkSwitch box?
I have a customer who runs a Talkswitch and got a QuadroISDN to connect to the PSTN.
Incoming calls work fine when going to 00 on Quadro. When they are sent to Routing with Inbound Destination number and then passed from routing (with some pattern mods) to the Talkswitch as SIP call, the caller hears a PSTN network error message like 'Number is diconnected'. In the SIPUA logs I can see that the call is correctly formatted and addressed to the Talkswitch (e.g. 114@192.168.x.x). I think the issue is probably with the talkswitch.

Now customer is asking if he can configure the QuadroFXO like a VSP for the talkswitch. I have told him I believe this is not advisable (if possible at all) and that his DID's (100 number range) would not work in this configuration anyway. Is this possible?

In any case I believe that the QuadroISDN should simply route incoming calls to ext@Talkswitch IP as described in the first paragraph above.

Any thoughts?

davrays
12-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi All
Has anyone configured a Quadro gateway to provide fixed lines to a TalkSwitch box?

Not me. But anyway we can try to resolve this :)

I have a customer who runs a Talkswitch and got a QuadroISDN to connect to the PSTN.
Incoming calls work fine when going to 00 on Quadro. When they are sent to Routing with Inbound Destination number and then passed from routing (with some pattern mods) to the Talkswitch as SIP call, the caller hears a PSTN network error message like 'Number is diconnected'. In the SIPUA logs I can see that the call is correctly formatted and addressed to the Talkswitch (e.g. 114@192.168.x.x). I think the issue is probably with the talkswitch.

Can you look in the SIPUA logs, what you get from the TalkSwitch in answer to Quadro's INVITE message? Can you paste the SIP log of one such call, so we can see whats going on there?

Now customer is asking if he can configure the QuadroFXO like a VSP for the talkswitch. I have told him I believe this is not advisable (if possible at all) and that his DID's (100 number range) would not work in this configuration anyway. Is this possible?

I didn't really get what your customer wanted to do with QuadroFXO, and how that might help with the problem with QuadroISDN..? Quadro FXO can act as VSP, but only for its lines (if they want to register the Talkswitch extensions on the QuadroFXO, which is a bit strange config :))

In any case I believe that the QuadroISDN should simply route incoming calls to ext@Talkswitch IP as described in the first paragraph above.

Sure.