PDA

View Full Version : Redirect VIA PSTN on E1.

rulrich
11-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Have a issue I cannnot find a solution to. Any ideas.
I have an external sip address which has a did number attached. The sip address is registered on the Epygi E1 as an ext. When this DID is called I want it to dial out to a specfic tel number via PSTN on the E1, All sip calls are via routing, due to other rules I run. Tried last few days cannot find a solution. Any Ideas.

askkur
12-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi,
do you try to use the "Filter on Caller / Call Type / Modify Caller ID " checkbox for that call route. If you will use it, you can mention incoming caller for which that route should work, and in this case you should solve the problem.

KSComs
12-01-2008, 02:51 AM
You might also find that the Supplementary services for the Extension will also achieve what you want. set a rule for it to dial a specific router and use the filter in the CRT for that extension only.

That will more than likely suit what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Kevin

askkur
12-01-2008, 05:28 AM
You might also find that the Supplementary services for the Extension will also achieve what you want. set a rule for it to dial a specific router and use the filter in the CRT for that extension only.

That will more than likely suit what you are trying to achieve.

Regards

Kevin

For E1/T1 Gateway product line the extension doesn`t have any supplementary services, so the real variant is to use Filtering on call routing record.

KSComs
12-01-2008, 06:00 AM
He is pointing the E1 T1 to a DID which can point in the CRT to an EXTENSION so it can definitely come into play.

It depends on how he wants to manage the forwarding.. if he wants it via the crt.. then a filter could take action along with the relevant multiple rules and enablers for the same.. if he wanted to send it via an extension.. again the suplementary services could take preference and give him some way of managing the forwarding destination via an A/A .. he could use a combination of the 2 and still do a hybrid of filter and forward ..

There are many ways of achieving what he wants to do.. its just a matter of the best fit. isnt it ?

Regards

Kevin

askkur
12-02-2008, 01:51 AM
He is pointing the E1 T1 to a DID which can point in the CRT to an EXTENSION so it can definitely come into play.

It depends on how he wants to manage the forwarding.. if he wants it via the crt.. then a filter could take action along with the relevant multiple rules and enablers for the same.. if he wanted to send it via an extension.. again the suplementary services could take preference and give him some way of managing the forwarding destination via an A/A .. he could use a combination of the 2 and still do a hybrid of filter and forward ..

There are many ways of achieving what he wants to do.. its just a matter of the best fit. isnt it ?

Regards

Kevin

Yes , sure he can organize forwarding via AA also, but again he cant make filter for that call, I mean he can`t detect from where the call is arrived. That is why I suggest to use Filtering for routing record.

davrays
12-02-2008, 02:31 PM
So, in short, rulrich , as your SIP calls are already routed to the CRT, you need to create a new rule in the CRT with the pattern equal to DID, NDS=<the length of that DID>,prefix=<the PSTN number to call>,type=E1T1,filter=<anything you want, for example, SIP-*>.

Best regards,
David

rulrich
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
So, in short, rulrich , as your SIP calls are already routed to the CRT, you need to create a new rule in the CRT with the pattern equal to DID, NDS=<the length of that DID>,prefix=<the PSTN number to call>,type=E1T1,filter=<anything you want, for example, SIP-*>.

Best regards,
David
Hi Thanks,

could you give me a step by step example, still stuck.

davrays
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Does this have any connection to the http://support.epygi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1656 thread? In that thread you are telling about routing all calls from a specific ID to some number, while here you are talking about the routing all calls to some number...

Which one do you need:
a) redirect all calls directed to xxxx, or
b) redirect all calls coming from xxxx?

Those are two completely different requirements, and the (b) is much more difficult than (a). The answer to (a) is in this thread. The answer to (b) is in the thread above.