PDA

View Full Version : Use of lit hotkeys - presense monitoring.

ccomley
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I can program a key on my Snom 370 thus

EXTENSION....http://172.30.0.1/xmlservice.cgi?ipphone=snom&extensions=16

and it will

1- light up if extension 16 is in use
2- connect me to extension 16 if I press it

These are pretty "normal" features.

But it also

3- shows me on the screen who Extension 16 is talking to (if the PBX, or the phone at Extn 16, I'm not quite sure which it is monitoring) has the info.

think!

Harutyun
11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
It is strange, as what you have described is not related to the XML at all. This is the behaviour of "watching" extension. So your described behaviour is the same as if you set "extension" and set "16" without any xml. Xmlservice is not providing any state information except for DND and CFwd state (in 5.1.x fw). Might be your settings is temporary shown on the Snom's GUI but not applied, or Snom is just using last "16" to subscribe via SIP to the state of extension 16. What is related to full information of the caller and called id -> this behaviour is regulated by the Snom "Advanced->Behaviour-> dialog-info call pick-up" radio button.

ccomley
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Sorry - no clue what you refer to. I'm not creating programs or scripts at all. I'm just selecting from the list of availablel "Functions" on the Snom's GUI, one which can be assigned to a lit f-key, called "Watch Extension XX", then putting the extension number in in place of teh XX.

This is doing all we want - and way too much more. I need to tone it down, I'm looking for a way to modify the behavioru of this function, or finding a better one to use instead.

The URL I quoted above is what the Snom GUI pasted in as the code for that extension when I selected the pre-defined funtion.

Smon manual information is *useless*, it makes the Epygi system look well documented! :-)