PDA

View Full Version : Can I run the Quadro behind a router ?

warren
09-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Q:Can I run the Quadro behind a router ?

techkey
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes. How it's done depends on the router configuration and where exactly the Quadro is placed with respect to the router, but the common scenarios are covered in the Quadro Installation Manuals.

ccomley
11-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Of course. It's the most common way to do it. And behind a firewall.

But for a quiet life, it's best if you can allocate a real public IP address to the wAN port of the router either directly or via a 1:1 NAT. If you can't do that, you have to do port mapping, and it's starting to get more fiddly.

NevisComputers
07-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Just need a router that is SIP aware. Remember the device doing NAT in your network should have the SIP ALG turned on.

My experience is with ADSL routers :
For the record Zyxel DG660H-D1's work fine.
Netgear DG834 V4's don't work in front of a PBX but oddly they work fine with an remote extension behind them.
Netgear DM111 in full bridge is a great solution as the Quadro can issue the username password via PPPoE and gets the external IP address directly.

dogcom
07-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Just need a router that is SIP aware. Remember the device doing NAT in your network should have the SIP ALG turned on.

My experience is with ADSL routers :
For the record Zyxel DG660H-D1's work fine.
Netgear DG834 V4's don't work in front of a PBX but oddly they work fine with an remote extension behind them.
Netgear DM111 in full bridge is a great solution as the Quadro can issue the username password via PPPoE and gets the external IP address directly.

I found the Netgear DG834V4's work fine as long as you set the DMZ to the Quadro's IP. They are in fact the only modem/router I currently use for all my Quadro's.

shmick
09-20-2010, 08:04 AM
We are using a Siemens Speedstream 4200 in full bridge mode and it works fine.

AmbitEnerg
07-28-2012, 03:59 PM
joanallen,

I suggest to drop down your links for formality posting... LOL

:-)