PDA

View Full Version : auto attendant bypass

suikam
09-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I am trying to connect a Quadro 6L to another PBX using the FXO ports. I am able to call from the other PBX to the Quadro. However I always get the AA and I have to dial the extension to have the call directed to the proper extension. Is it possible for the Quadro to receive the call and direct the call to the extension bypassing the AA ?? I have tried with the Call Routing creating a pattern and using the Call Type (PBX) with no success.

Suikam Kwok
Benchmark Technologies

davrays
09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
You can configure each FXO port to call to a specific extension, or send the call to the Call Routing table. This can be done on the Telephony -> FXO Settings page.
This way you can route all calls from a spoecific FXO port to a specific extension.

Best regards,
David

suikam
09-23-2008, 01:50 PM
David

When configuring the Route incoming FXO call to Routing, which Pattern shoud I use. I have tried to setup different Patterns incluiding the "*" trying to force the call thru the Call Routing, however when I do this I receive a message that the number dialed does not exist.

In the Routing table I have enabled a record with a pattern 3?? to be able to transfer a call to the proper extension 3xx. Call type selected is PBX.

Suikam

KSComs
09-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi there Suikam,

I think what you are trying to do is not achieveable without the A/A.. ie being able to route the fxo gateway calls to any extension the person wants to get to...

From what I have read it sounds like the PABX is calling the 6L on any of the lines to reach extensions connected via the 6L ...

You are trying to get the 6L to automatically route the calling party to an extension without being answered by the 6L A/A.

The only ways I could suggest is for:

If your PABX and 6L are within the same premises - to get your PABX to have the extensions connected to the line positions of the 6L to be VOICEMAIL extensions so that those extensions will send DTMF to the 6L when it answers. You would then send all of the calls via the 6L's Auto Attendant and make sure that you have routes to strip the leading digits of the VOICEMAIL extensions code from the PABX to be left with the 2 digits needed being the extension number this would then dial direct to the extension.

The other way is to direct the individual 6L lines to the extensions .. ie line 1 to extension 11, line 2 to extension 12 etc...

The above would get you to the appropriate extension(s) alternatively.. you could just set up an MERg in the Extension Tables and make all of the phones to ring on any incoming call. Then the person answering can just simply send the caller to the extension as necessary.

Regards

Kevin

AramK
09-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Lets understand the network topology first - where and how your "other" PBX and 6L are placed and configured? Please describe clearly the network topology and the call flow you want to achieve.

suikam
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Ok, let me explain my topology. Basically, I have an actual 3Com PBX and I am using FXS ports on the 3Com to connect to the Quadro 6L FXO ports. I want to be able to dial an extension on the Quadro from the 3Com phones without going thru the AA on the Quadro. The Quadro is working as a PBX and FXO are set to route calls to Routing. In the Routing table I have set a Pattern to route the call to the appropiate extension. I am not sure if because of the DTMF limitation in this type of setup this will be possible.

KSComs
09-23-2008, 05:34 PM
is it possible to get the 3com pbx to inject digits after it dials a destination...

ie.. a speed dial ?

so from the 3com pbx if you dial 88 for an extension to the fxo is it possible you could do the following...

88,,,,12 for extension 12...

what the above would represent is .. dialling one of the FXO lines of the 6l by ringing one of the extensions on the 3com pbx.. then using a pause of up to 8 seconds via the "," if each "." was 2 seconds long you would have to check within the 3com pbx, and then the last part of the string is to dial 12 .. which is where the Epygi base A/A would take over.

Now you would have to do some trial an error but it should work as needed.

Regards

Kevin

davrays
09-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Just to make things clearer: the "called" number can be passed by ISDN signaling, but not normal analog one (FXO/FXS). Analog line signaling does not allow to send the "called" number when call comes in. Thats why you cannot call from PBX to Quadro6L FXO port, indicating different numbers to connect. The call which comes from PBX to Quadro FXO port will always connect to one specific number on the Quadro.
And this is not the limitation of Quadro, but just the specifics of analog line sugnaling.

The woraround Kevin is talking about, is a trick, which you might be able to use, if your PBX supports that.

suikam
09-25-2008, 01:46 PM
David and Kevin:

Thank you for your input. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful.

Suikam Kwok