PDA

View Full Version : Quadro IP PBX 16x impossible login with default user/pass

mikasa
08-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Quadro IP PBX 16x doesn't recognize default user/pass after hard reset to factory defaults.
The couple admin/19 stated on manual doesn't work to log into Quadro.

Do somebody know another way to log ?.

I have hard reset Quadro several times.

Originally it has firmware version 3.XX but after I upgraded to 4.X.

Thanks a lot.

davrays
09-01-2008, 07:55 AM
In the older versions of Quadro there was a checkbox, allowing to save the administrator password in a "permanent" place, so it is not being reset even after doing "factory reset".
It seems you used that option before (when you had 3.x), so password now cannot be reset.
Now, if you forgot the modified password, the only option is to send the unit back to Epygi (or use a bit complex TFTP update procedure using a special image, which Epygi can send to you - but this is done only in exceptional cases).
If you still remember the old password, you can log in using that, then change the password to default from the "System"->"User Rights Management"->change admin password.
BTW, if you want password to be reset after next "factory reset" operation, you can do that from the same page: just modify the URL to "http://<yourQuadroIPaddress>/userpsw.cgi?showall=1" and I'll have that option visible on the page.

Best regards,
David

mikasa
09-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Well, although it is an obvius matter I couldn't find into the manual being in a hurry. Anyway, now it is working. I really appreciate your answer and the high quality of the products and support you provide. Thank you very much.

nikas
10-09-2009, 02:04 PM
In the older versions of Quadro there was a checkbox, allowing to save the administrator password in a "permanent" place, so it is not being reset even after doing "factory reset".
It seems you used that option before (when you had 3.x), so password now cannot be reset.
Now, if you forgot the modified password, the only option is to send the board back to Epygi (or use a bit complex TFTP update procedure using a special image, which Epygi can send to you - but this is done only in exceptional cases).
Best regards,
David

Hello,

I am trying to reset the administrator password of 2 devices "EPYGI QUADRO 4X VOIP PBX" & "EPYGI QUADRO FXO Gateway" but I am in the same point as user "mikasa". Can you describe the tftp update procedure and send me the "special image" for "EPYGI QUADRO 4X VOIP PBX" & "EPYGI QUADRO FXO Gateway"?

If by "special image" you mean the emergency firmware can you tell me how to set the devices in emergency mode?

Thank you!

davrays
10-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Hello,
Can you describe the tftp update procedure and send me the "special image" for "EPYGI QUADRO 4X VOIP PBX" & "EPYGI QUADRO FXO Gateway"?

As I wrote above, we don't normally do that, and this is done only in exceptional cases. So you need to contact your local distributor, or Epygi Tech Support directly. The tftp update procedure is described in a document on the CD provided with Quadro, but the "special image" needs some afforts from us to prepare and provide.

If by "special image" you mean the emergency firmware can you tell me how to set the devices in emergency mode?
Thank you!

No, that is not a regular emergency firmware. That is a special firmware which allows to login using an empty password.