PDA

View Full Version : Maximum hold time

shopcomputer
08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Is there anyway, I can set that a call on hold for more than an hour or so, should automatically disconnect? I have a user with a Quadro 2X with just a single fxo, they sometimes forget that they placed someone on hold, they then mis many calls and can make outgoing calls., they would want it to auto disconnect after some time.

davrays
08-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Thats nice :) How can they forget the call? If this is an FXS extension, the phone starts to ring as soon as they put down the handset. If that is SIP extension, the button on the phone blinks. Is it normal for them to have unneceassary blinking lamps on the phone? :)

shopcomputer
08-19-2008, 02:07 AM
This is a residential install, with 12 Snom M3 phones and 2 Snom 370 phones. they have 1 single analog line hooked to the fxo port, they also have their door bell to that same fxo port, it seems they put callers, or the door phone caller on hold and forget about it, they would not notice it on a other floor in the house, etc. the way they noticed it last time, was by the music on hold, playing at the door phone, they then reset the quadro, rather that search around the house for the culprit.

davrays
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Here is something I don't completely understand. How this doorbell is connected to the Quadro? Is it connected to the FXS port of 2x, or to its FXO? If it is connected to the FXO, how then the telco line is connected?
How this doorbell is supposed to be connected, if there is no Quadro - to the phone, or to a port on PBX, so it is like a phone itself?
It might be the problem could be solved by just changing the setup...

Best regards,
David

P.S. There is no place on the Quadro, where you can set up the holded call to automatically disconnect. The holded call stays on until either it is unholded, or the other party hangs up.

shopcomputer
08-19-2008, 11:38 AM
The door phone is connected to the co line, when the door phone bell is pressed it sends a ring to the pbx, similar to an incoming call.

I usually have these door phones connected to a dedicated fxo, rather than in conjunction with the co line.

This customer did have it set up to hook in with the co line, before I installed the pbx, so I left the same config, especially as he did not have an extra fxo port.

davrays
08-20-2008, 10:37 AM
With this kind of setup it is difficult to suggest something... To me, this is completely wrong, and it is strange they don't have problems with their telco. For example, when the doorbell rings, the higher voltage is generated on the line, and except of being transmitted to the Quadro's FXO (which is normal), it is transmitted also to the telco (which is wrong, and might cause a damage, if not being filtered out). Except that, if somebody talks on the phone and the doorbell rings, both parties will listen drilling noise; and vice versa, if somebody talks on the door, and call comes from telco, a drilling nise will appear too.

The only thing you can suggest them (except of either installing normal FXS-connected (or SIP based) doorbell, or connecting additional FXO gateway) - is that instead of rebooting Quadro, they can pull out/then put in the FXO line - this will disconnect the call and it is a faster way than rebooting :)
Another advice - not to put doorbell-callers on hold - why not to diconnect them after talking..?
I agree all this is not exactly what they want, but the doorbell setup itself is a bit funny...

Best regards,
David

P.S. BTW, what is the manufacturer/model of this doorbell? This doorbell is different from what I have met before..

shopcomputer
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
it is a viking door box, I am not sure of the model.