PDA

View Full Version : PPTP Pass-Through protocol GRE

Epygi-Mystream
08-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Hi!

I'm triying to configure a VPN pass through. I added a filtering rule to redirect the PPTP to an internal server. It doesn't work!!

INFORMATION
Service : PPTP Pass-Through
Action : Allowed
Forward to IP : 192.168.0.78
Port translation : 1723

The translation port works but it seems that GRE packets are blocked, I don't understand why!!!

In the attach files you can find a tcpdump of my LAN and WAN interfaces.

Could you help me please??

Thanks a lot

davrays
08-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Hello!

yep, there is a bug in all the existing versions related to the PPTP-passthrough functionality. Not sure if it is included into the release notes... This was identified lately and is fixed for the next 5.0 public version (5.0.x, x>=15). So you have to wait for the next public version. If this is really urgent for you, you can open a ticket, give a reference to me (or to this thread), and ask the support to send you the pre-release version.

Best regards,
David

P.S. Also please note, that even in new version, PPTP passthrough will work only if you don't have PPTP server activated on Quadro itself. This two features are incompatible due to technical reasons, which is not Quadro's fault. But I guess, this should not a problem for you.

Epygi-Mystream
08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Hello David,

It is really urgent then I opened a ticket N° 5790. I asked for the pre-release version. I hope i will receive it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Best regards,
MyStream company

shurum
10-29-2008, 03:59 AM
Hello, i got a same problem on X2, X4 and X16. Updated firmware to 5.0.16 (http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1477/versionkj6.jpg) and still PPTP-passthrough doesn't work. I can use only one PPTP-connection to RRAS on Win2k3, one more connection gives error 800 :( Tryied another router - works fine. PPTP server is not activated on Quadro, i connecting from winxp clients. Any way to fix it?

PPTP Pass-Through enabled in Firewall: http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1405/pptp1vd7.jpg
Firewall set in low setting: http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4623/pptp2bu3.jpg
Tryied to turn it off, didn't help.
Crazy idea, but can language pack cause the trouble? :)

Vahan
10-31-2008, 08:37 AM
To shurum

Hello.
It is true, the problem of connecting 2 or more PPTP client from Quadro LAN to PPTP servers on WAN side is known for us. The only correction I want to make is that the fix will be included in 5.1.x public release(not 5.0.x)

B.T.W
You don't need to configure any Outgoing rule if your Firewall level is set to "Low".
It will be needed only for "High" level configuration. So, in your case, this rule has no sense.

davrays
10-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Yep, Vahan is right. What I was writing above (to be fixed on 5.0.x, x>=15), was related to one PPTP passthrough connection. For two or more connections it looks you have to wait for 5.1.
The language pack is not giilty :) На русском оно иногда даже лучше работает :D

Vahan
10-31-2008, 09:05 AM
to Epygi-Mystream:

Hello,
Please, could you tell the SW version Quadro is running. There was a problem with incoming/port forwarding for PPTP Pass-Through service but it should be fixed in 5.0.16 version. Please also try to leave the port field blank:

INFORMATION
Forward to IP : 192.168.0.78
Port translation :

Thanks.

Epygi-Mystream
11-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Hello,

At the beginning I had 4.1.40, actually the SW version is 5.0.12. Unfortunately, somebody told me, that the issue has been solved using Ipsec Pass-Through, but I need PPTP Pass-Through. Do you have news about PPTP on 5.0.16?

Best regards,

Epygi-MyStream

Vahan
11-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Hello Epygi-Mystream.

I have tested your scenario using 5.0.12 software and had no problem. The scenario was the following:

PPTP Client(WinXP)-->Quadro(NAT)-->PPTP Server(Quadro).

Configuration on the NAT:
Forward to IP : PPTP Server(Quadro)
Port translation : 1723

I have tried to connect several times and had no problem. So, I think you have something specific that causes the problem.